There is nothing better than having fun with your camera during the holidays. With all the lights, family gatherings, and parties, there isn’t another time of the year more packed with photo opportunities. In my opinion, this is one of the best times to experiment and expand your photo creativity.
Once you get those “safe” family pictures, just experiment. One of the greatest benefits of digital cameras is that you take take hundreds of images at no additional cost, so shoot away, you can always delete those that don’t work out.
To get your creative juices flowing, here are a few suggestions.
- Shoot with just available light, use any of the myriad of light displays we have going on this time of year to provide the main light.
- Make some images with unusual perspectives.
- Move your camera when using a slow shutter speed, like the image below taken with my iPhone.
- Make a time-lapse; this time of year presents plenty of opportunities, such as when preparing a big family dinner, opening presents, big family sit-down dinner, family game of touch football. The possibilities are endless.
- Make some funny and unique family portraits.
Wishing you all a Happy Holidays from the entire DPE gang.
P.S. We’ll be back on Dec 28 with more great content for you.