Canon has just announced a that later this month it will make available for free firmware version 2.0.3 for the Canon EOS 5D MarkII that includes a plethora of often requested new functionality.
- 24 frames per second (actual 23.97) in addition to the already included 30 fps
- Manual audio gain control (64 levels)
- Histogram display for movie mode
- Aperture and shutter priorities for movie mode
- Improved audio sampling from 44.1 KHz to 48KHz
For more information you can read Canons Service note for the 5D MarkII
These changes will be VERY welcomed by many users of the groundbreaking 5D MarkII. Specifically the manual audio control will be a HUGE improvement to this already impressive camera.
I am looking forward to seeing the audio and histogram features added to the 7D at some point in the not too distant future.