Canon has finally released the LONG awaited firmware update for the Canon 5D MarkII, bringing the version up to 2.0.3. New functionality includes:
- 24 frames per second (actual 23.97) in addition to the already included 30 fps
- Manual audio gain control (64 levels)
- Histogram display for movie mode
- Aperture and shutter priorities for movie mode
- Improved audio sampling from 44.1 KHz to 48KHz
Much of this functionality has been long awaited by avid 5D2 users. I for one am very glad to see the addition of manual audio gain control as well as a histogram view while in movie mode. Now let’s hope Canon brings some of these features to the 7D.
You can download the software directly from Canon USA HERE