Join Rick Sammon and Juan Pons for a spectacular travel photography workshop in the heart of Old San Juan. As the second oldest European-founded city in the Americas and the oldest city under the American Flag, Old San Juan mixes old world architecture with modern day conveniences, and it’s just a short flight for the US mainland. During this 4 day workshop Rick and Juan (a native of Puerto Rico) will show you the most spectacular locations in and around Old San Juan, including El Morro fort, Pigeon Park, Cristo Chapel, La Fortaleza, La Princesa, and we’ll even take a day trip to the only Tropical Rain Forest in US.
We will be based on one of the island most spectacular hotels in the heart of Old San Juan. Hotel El Convento is a 350 year old, lovingly restored Carmelite convent, rated by AAA as a Four Diamond property, Oldest member of Historic Hotels of America and Named the only “Small Luxury Hotel” in Puerto Rico.
There is no need for a passport to travel to Puerto Rico and the local currency is the US Dollar.
When: Dec 8 thru Dec 12, 2010
Fee: $1,200 per person / double accommodations
Includes: Instruction, Accommodations, Transportation
Does not include: Airfare to San Juan, meals & drinks
Old San Juan is THE shopping mecca of the Caribbean, so we have designed this workshop to be non-shooting spouse friendly. If you’d like to bring your significant other so he or she could spend the time shopping, sightseeing or exploring on their own, we’ve got you covered the non-participating spouse fee is $700.
Hotel accommodations include:
- Complimentary Manager’s Reception serving a variety of wine and hors d’oeuvres on La Veranda Terrace
- Complimentary wireless high speed internet connection in-rooms, public areas and meeting rooms
- Complimentary 24 hrs. coffee & tea station at La Veranda Terrace
- Complimentary Bottled water at La Veranda Terrace and in the rooms available 24 hrs
- Complimentary access to El Convento Beach Club
- Complimentary use of the Business Center
- Plunge Pool & Jacuzzi available 24 hrs
- Unlimited access to the fitness center 24 hrs