After a couple of month’s of use, here are, in no particular order, 10 observations about my iPad. Let me just preface this list by saying I am not a Mac user, I use an Android OS phone and I love my iPad.
- Getting online anywhere and everywhere is way more important and useful than I thought. Tethered or 3G is the way to go.
- I use it far more than I ever thought I would.
- It makes a spectacular portfolio if you know you are going to need one. Otherwise, my iPod touch in my pocket is always available.
- The battery life feels much longer than it is. With a laptop with 10 hours of battery life, you will often let it sit around on or hang out until it goes into standby because you don’t want to wait for it to come OUT of standby. Ipad? Instant on/off.
- Instant on/off is amazing. It is a part of why I use it so often. So much easier and quicker.
- No Adobe Flash is still a pain.
- I spent a lot of money on applications. They are (mostly) all well worth it!
- No camera is annoying. Otherwise, combined with Easy Release, it would be an perfect Model Release platform. It still is pretty amazing.
- It fits so perfectly in the Think Tank Retrospective 20.
- I read ebooks, browse the web, read message boards, read google reader feeds, play Words with Friends, play Tower Defense, receive model releases, take payments with Square, use as a portfolio, and working on how to sell prints through SmugMug, carry it with me more than my laptop, wish I could use OneNote Mobile, catch up on my news feeds on Google Reader, resubscribed to NetFlix and have even used Skype Out legitimately when I was out and about, had forgotten my cell phone and happened to have Wi-Fi available to call someone.
BONUS! Use it as an LED light when you need just a little bit more light.